Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am located in New

Customer Question

Hi, I am located in New York re state laws. I have a similar question re pre payments. For the past several years I have been required to pay a year upfront on a pricey apt. Needless to say, that has cost me a lot of additional monies I could have generated, incl putting into my work.
My mgnt company are evil robots;( I am well aware I should bave done this monthd ago, (i have to reply by the 12th w my check), can I provide two postdated checks (am paid up thru June) from by brokerage account (validating me) and would they be able to cash the 2nd, want to pay 6/6 months if they even accept them? Thx
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
Does the lease specify that the rent is payable a year in advance, or does it say that rent is due each month?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I resolved it on my own, shocked they were amenable to 6 months and a letter from Schwab with proof of my brokerage acct value and a few other things. It was full yr. Thank you.
Please advise if I can submit for a refund.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I will notify Customer Service.