Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

I live at the Mona Lisa Apartments & We all received

Customer Question

Hello, I live at the Mona Lisa Apartments & We all received a 120 day notice to move out- I have a 1 year lease- Since they broke the lease agreement-Do they owe me money left for my lease? The New Company's name is***** am very confused.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, what is the basis for the eviction notice? Are they going to be making improvements or repairs to the property? In what state are you located in---I need to know so that I can look up the codes and see whether or not their notice to you is valid. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From what I was told, they are going to tear it down. I am in Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Thank you for your patience.
I have been reviewing Nevada codes and do not see any code or law that permits the landlord to terminate early. While some states do indeed have codes and language allowing the landlord to terminate by arguing repairs or updates, I just do not see such language anywhere---if your notice references a code I would love to see that code designation. As such you are free to IGNORE the notice as it is illegal, or demand that they pay you for the early termination as well as relocation costs. But at least from what I see I could not find any authority that they could point to that would uphold their notice as valid and legal.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.