Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I posted a long and involved question yesterday but I'm not

Customer Question

I posted a long and involved question yesterday but I'm not sure if any one has been assigned to answer you answered some questions for me last year -- will my question be assigned to you?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I reviewed your account history, and the question that you posted yesterday is locked by customer service, which means that it cannot be reviewed or answered by anyone. I would be happy to try to assist, however, you will have to repost your question. Note: No one here is "assigned" questions. The questions are placed on a list, and any contributor who wishes to answer may do so (or not). Although there are several typical reasons why a question is not answered, in your case, it's simply because the question is locked and unreadable. Thanks for using justanswer.com!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Landlord in Allegheny PA Small Claims Court; Judge awarded $ to me. 2. Defendant appealed – case sent to Arbitration Board 3. I filed Complaint in Court of Common Pleas 4. Arbitration panel – gave me an $ award 5. The Defendant appealed the award 6. I received interrogatories from the Defendant (due in 30 days) Questions: After I filed my Complaint, and before the arbitration panel gave me the award, Defendant filed Intent to Defend. (I assume this is also their Answer.) Would this serve as their Answer to the Complaint? The Complaint was filed before we went to Arbitration – does their Intent to Defend serve as the Answer to the Complaint? I just also want to be clear about filing the Complaint: Once I filed the Complaint in the Court of Common Pleas before the Arbitration, I am not required to refile the Complaint after the Defendant appealed the award given at Arbitration; or is there something else that has to be filed? If Defendant did not have an answer to each allegation does that mean that they agree with the allegation? I have not sent interrogatories to Defendant – if the trial date has not yet been set, how do I determine the cutoff date to send the interrogatories or cutoff for discovery. In the interrogatories do you normally ask who the witnesses will be and “the nature of their testimony?” Individuals I plan to use as witnesses, do I need to have them subpoenaed to appear? If so, is there a time limit on when this has to be done. The case is being set for trial, will get a trial date shortly (should be ½ day). Do I need to file (if so when): List of Witnesses List of Exhibits Are there any other required filings? I have a copy of Allegheny County Civil and Family Court Rules (but haven’t done of great job of deciphering.)

Thanks for reposting the question. I don't feel sufficiently comfortable with Pennsylvania civil procedure. I think you would be better served by discussing this matter with someone who has actual litigation experience in the Penn. Court of Common Pleas, and with judicially mandated arbitration. I will reopen the question for others to comment. I strongly recommend that you ascertain from whomever responds next, that they have actual experience with this sort of action, because if they give you an answer based upon their best guess, you may suffer serious damage as a consequence. Best wishes with your legal dilemma.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks