Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Parents have rented to retired military and they have not paid

Customer Question

Parents have rented to retired military and they have not paid rent for close to two months. They have been there close to 18 months now and their lease will be up this month. We gave them notice, I think it was 60 days but they needed to pay back rent, because we were going to sell all of our houses and the rental and move out of state. They say...oh well, they don't have to pay, we can't take them to small claims because they are military and are going to stay for the 60 days too. This is sad. We support the military, we have been active in all sorts of charites to help-them out and than to get treated like this. They were ok tenents before this and got in an accident and were waiting on a settlement...so we said ok...they got the settlement...they are just being mean.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma but do not understand the question. Do you have a specific question?