Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

Can a landlord change his mind a property after

Customer Question

Can a landlord change his mind for renting a property after receiving a deposit?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
No, they can't. The agreement to rent an apartment is binding - whether it's oral or in writing. If the landlord cancels, he'll have to return the tenant's deposit. The landlord could also be liable for paying the difference between the agreed rent and what it costs the tenant to rent a similar apartment somewhere else.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.