Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I signed a new Lease but 2 days later told them I will be moving

Customer Question

I signed a new Lease but 2 days later told them I will be moving out. Giving them close to 2 month notice for me to vacate. I have completed my first lease. I told them to void the new lease and they said everything was fine. A month later they want 13,000 dollars for the new lease not they will not void. I have not lived there at all in that house. I currently live somewhere else. She now change her mind and will not void the lease.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you but in order to do so, I will need more information from you.
1. In what city and state is the rental?
2. Why did you move out after 2 days?
3. What does the lease state with respect to early termination of the lease?
4. What do you mean when you say that the landlord told you that "everything was fine"? Did they send you a written letter that they would let you out of the lease early?