Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

I live in Lake County Florida. Back in 2013 I was living in

Customer Question

I live in Lake County Florida. Back in 2013 I was living in a gated apartment complex. The gate hardly ever worked and as a result a man was able to come into my apartment and shoot my daughter in the leg. The man got away and the police are still looking for him. A month later the apartment complex kicked me and my children out stating we allowed someone to come on to the property and discharge a fire arm. My question is, is the apartment complex liable for damages to my daughter being that the gate was not closed as per our lease agreement?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did your daughter know the man who shot her?