CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

If one of my tenant accuse of another tenant stealing what

Customer Question

if one of my tenant accuse of another tenant stealing what should I do, ignore? or take action?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
This is not your role/job.The tenant who believes they are victimized can call law enforcement or sue their co-tenant in small claims court for "conversion" (the civil equivalent of theft).But unless you want to interject yourself into the co-tenant dispute by claiming that the tenant who is accused of theft has violated a lease term and is therefore subject to a 30 day notice to quit, you really don't have standing to do anything.