Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

If I present a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit and the tenant

Customer Question

If I present a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit and the tenant pays can I give the tenant a cancel of month to month rental agreement on the first of June? The tenant is late very often and has yet to paid rent for May 2015. My understanding is I need to give him 60 days to vacate because he will have lived in the property since 7/5/2013.
For California, Madera County
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Yes, you can serve the termination notice at the beginning of June. You can actually serve it the day after he pays. You're correct that CA requires 60 days notice for a tenant who has been in the property for more than one year.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.