Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Our son has lived month to month in a complex years. His fiancé

Customer Question

Our son has lived month to month in a complex for 5 years. His fiancé is very clean and their apt immaculate. Recently there has been a bedbug infestation that can be traced to one particular apt. That tenant removed all of her furniture because of it and stored everything beneath our son's apartment near the trash. When she did this, our son's problem began. They don't have the money to fight this infestation (constant washing and drying in the expensive laundry, cleaning supplies and so on) and they are fearful of notifying the landlord since they rent month to month and believe that they will be evicted, as is the general state of affairs in this building. I have read Riverside (CA) County's codes regarding this and want them to be more proactive about this, but their income is limited and locally there are few options for them. They have not talked to the owner
s of the complex because of this, nor have they spoken with the landlord.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
So your question is to see which laws apply to this situation, basically. Correct?