Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

My mother recently passed away i have lived in her apt for

Customer Question

my mother recently passed away i have lived in her apt for the last two years as her main caretaker she has lived here for 35 yrs as a perfect tenant never ever late with her rent money never a troublemaker she has 11 months left on her lease when she signed her last lease i tried to add my name to the lease they rejected it.i have not told them that she passed the rent is gonna have to be paid signed by either myself or my sister can they reject the check and kick me out
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Which state?
Does the lease address the issue of the death of a tenant?
Thank you.