Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

If I am a tenant paying contractor to paint my

Customer Question

If I am a tenant paying for a contractor to paint my apartment in California, do I need the landlord to sign off. I am paying for the work myself and have engaged a licensed contractor to do the work.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardUnless there is a provision in your lease that allows you to paint the apartment, I suggest you need to have the LL sign off to ensure there are no problems with the color or anything else when you decide to move. Please remember I can only provide an informational answer on what you ask. If you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you