Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Not sure who this falls under... I just found out thru a background

Customer Question

Not sure who this falls under... I just found out thru a background check that I have a mark on my credit from I believe 2008 for a landlord that is trying to make me pay $20,000 for a house that we had already moved out of and he did a house renovation. It was mice and roach infested and he knew it. He told us to get rid of them. The neighbors then got there house sprayed and they came back. When we moved we had to get rid of all our belongings because of it. We tried to fix some of the house where the mice ate thru the walls. Can he make me pay for all of this? No notification came to me or bills. Please help me.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, in what state did you rent this property? Also, when did you move out? Did the landlord obtain a judgment against you or you aren't sure?