Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
18215332

Im renting an apartment under my mothers name past

Customer Question

Im renting an apartment under my mothers name for the past 8 months. My nieghbor brought over a paper she found infront of her door on the ground. Well its signed by sherrif stateing that they will come to vacate me. Iv was never given any notice that i was being evicted by landlord or sherrif this was only notice i got and m lucky because if it wasnt for my neighbor finding it i would of never gotten a notice.. What can i do the sherrif is comeing tommarrow.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Is your address on the notice that the sheriff just served, or your neighbors'?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its mine
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
All you can do is ask the sheriff to give you a few more days because they have been delivering you notices the person next door. Perhaps she'll give you a letter to confirm that. If you found a place to move to, that may help. They hate to do evictions and so does the owner, because it costs them money for movers & storage. At this late date, you don't have time to go to the court and seek a legal remedy, and I'm sorry, but I don't know what that would be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats your expert advise? I payed $40 for that..
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I'll opt out and perhaps someone else can help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just refund my money, you scam people makeing them belive you can actually help and stop their evictions.. Have a great day