Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
18215332

That's a great answer and Thanks. You answer gives

Customer Question

That's a great answer and Thanks. You answer gives me some comfort. You mentioned their case is weak. You mean the case of their charging my insurance company for something. I'm planning to give them my own personal insurance company and not the HOA insurance, which I believe is correct. True? Why is their case weak. I'm guessing she was a guest, and not a tenant and even if a tenant wouldn't they have to prove the deck was somehow unsafe...it hadnt been cleaned in 3 years, it's d ry as a bone out here, but maybe they could say it was slippery? After her fall, I pressure washed it and re sealed it there was no cause? can they not sue put in non stick patches and perssure washed and r eslead the whole thing. Maybe they think that's an admission of guilt? Why would it be my fault? What are the srtrnghts of
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
All slip and fall cases occurring on private property are inherently weak. the person usually trips over something that is open, obvious and should have easily been seen. They can rarely prove that a dangerous condition existed; that the owner was aware of it and/or that there was a duty to the injured person to discover and repair it in order to prevent injury. There is seldom a duty between the owner of a residence and a guest of a tenant in the residence. If you carry liability insurance on that property, just report the threat to your insurance company and let them worry about it.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello again . If you need clarification on any points please send me a reply. I would also appreciate a positive rating when you are satisfied with my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service.