How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 55860
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in my boyfriends house,I bought a new refrigerator

This answer was rated:

I live in my boyfriend's house,I bought a new refrigerator and oven in July 2013. Today, I move out and take my refrigerator and oven with me. he said, I moved his old refrigerator and old oven away, I can not take my new refrigerator and oven, he said this is his house, everything in his house belong to him.
only I bring back his old refrigerator and oven, I can take my new refrigerator and oven away.
he took me to buy the new refrigerator and oven in JULY,2013. but he said he did not give me permission to move the old refrigerator and oven away, but before I buy the refrigerator and oven , already get his permission to move the old away,and he took me to bestbuy buy new one, I paid for everything.

he ask me to go to court ,give his a order ,and see the judge, then ,if I am winner, I can take my new appliance, away,

he own the house,

I bought the new appliances on July 2013, a few month ago,

my boyfriend owned the old appliances,

my boyfriend live in the house,

we have no written lease
Hello, You are free to remove items you brought in. You do not need a court order. If he blocks you from doing it, call the police. If he has a claim that the property is his, which he does not have a strong claim to pursue, his recourse is to sue. He would only be right if he produced evidence in writing that you gifted those items to him, which is not likely. Good luck. Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already called the policeman, the policeman say ,I should get a lawyer and take my stuff, I really want to sue him, how to do,

You can take your stuff and leave. If he is blocking you from doing it and police wont help, you could file a complaint without a lawyer for damages in small claims court or in county clerks office where he resides by filing summons and complaint. You could also have a lawyer handle on commission fee basis and sue for you, for which is a great resource.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I look for the lawyer , the lawyer is civil rights?


if I go to county clerks office, I am at IL, cook county, where I can find the information to file a complaint in the county clerks office ?

The lawyer should have experience in landlord tenant law, civil litigation and general civil practice, not civil rights.

The clerks office clerk can help you fill out the complaint.

Here is a helpful link:

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if I go to cook county clerk office, I am Plaintiff(s),how much should i pay,?


how many kinds fee to file a complain?

Filing fee is paid once and would be approximately 250 dollars. The clerk will measure it based on total damages claimed. If lawyer files will often advance the filing fee. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer and other Landlord-Tenant Specialists are ready to help you

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions