rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a Texas lawyer dealing in landlord tenant
8534270

To develop what you believe is a terrific idea for a video

To develop what you believe is a terrific idea for a video game, you lease 50,000 square feet in an office building from Commercial Property, LLC, under a written five-year lease. Your goal is to put the game on the market within two years. Several months into the term, a competitor unexpectedly releases a new game title featuring play that would make your game appear to be a poorly crafted imitation.

Can you assign the lease to another party? Explain.
Thanks for your question and good morning.You would need the landlord here to consent to an assignment of the lease.Any assignment would require agreement since the current lease is between you the tenant and the landlord.All leases contain some type of clause requring the landlord to consent to assignment or sub lease.In most situations the landlord would permit the assignemnt of your lease assuming the person assuming it has proper credit history.

Sample assignment of lease with landlord consent

http://www.legalzoom.com/download/pdf/landlord-consent-to-assignment-of-lease.pdf

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.