Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

What are the landlord rules for rent increases in Las

What are the landlord rules for rent increases in Las Vegas,Nevada? What specific code can I refer to as a reference?

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A landlord may not increase a tenant's rent unless he provides at least 45 days written notice. Nev. Rev. Stat., Section 118A.300. If the tenancy is less than a month to month (which is very unusual), only 15 days notice is given. Where there is a written lease, the landlord may not increase the rent at all during the lease period, but may do so if he gives 45 days notice before the lease ends.

The only other provision that talks about rent increases states that the landlord may not increase the rent in retaliation against a tenant who exercises his rights. Section 118A.510. There is no statute that governs how much rent may be raised, as long as the tenant agrees to the increase. Here is the full Landlord/Tenant statute.