Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

We have replaced the wastegate due to loss of power and

Customer Question

We have replaced the wastegate due to loss of power and fixed the problem temporarily but now we are being to have the same issue but only when the car is cold. When it warms up it runs normally no problem with exceleration.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2013 Kia Optima SXL
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, replaced the wastegate and one of the turbo sensors
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Give me a second to find the name of the sensor and the code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Turbo circuit sensor was too high and we replaced the sensor and it did not fix the problem therefore we checked the wastegate and it wasn't working properly so we replaced it and the car worked fine for about a week and now it is back to not excelerating when it's cold, after it warms up it works fine ??
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 2 months ago.

Hello, likely the issue that you are having is the wastegate actuator is not adjusted properly. If you do not have access to a kia scan tool or a high end snap on scan tool to view the current data you will need to bring it to a dealership to get it adjusted.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating 3 stars or higher, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My brother is a mechanic (not Kia) and has a high end snap on scanner can you tell me the range it should be set at ?
The adaptive value for the wastegate actuator should be under 4.2 volts when it is cold