Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 kia sportage trys to self start no key burning starters

Customer Question

2006 kia sportage trys to self start no key burning starters out killing battery have replaced 3 starters problem occurs in -20c cold weather every time rplaced with rebuilt and kia orginal starters starts immediately has been starting every time disconnect battery and reconnect battery yet if battery is left connected after shutting down it burns out the starter yes this is a 2006 with only 102000 km and there has never been a problrm to date this is costing a lot of $$ and sag
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: no nothing
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes my father in law is a professional mechanic and assists in all aspects and I took this vehicle to turpin kia in Carleton place ont they put it on a scope and checked out all issues and told me there was nothing wrong?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

I can help you figure this out if you have a test light and are going to be doing the diagnostics yourself?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris