Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My hood won't open I don't know if it is frozen shut or what

Customer Question

My hood won't open I don't know if it is frozen shut or what is going on and I am trying to find a way to pop it from the front
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: My battery is dead and the hood won't pop from the cab
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2008 spectra5
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My hood just won't open and I am looking for a diagram of where the cable runs so I can see how to pop it without the lever
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not now
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 3 months ago.

Greetings and welcome to JA!
​You wont be able to accsee the cable without breaking something, but there is something you can try. Grab a bathroom towl and lay it across the front of the hood. Then using your hands press down firmly and sharply several times. While you are doing that have an assistant gently pull the hood release lever in and out. This will help it break free. But please use caution as to much force pulling the lever can break it.