Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to disable the seatbelt warning chime on my 2016 kia

Customer Question

I need to disable the seatbelt warning chime on my 2016 kia foete
JA: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 16 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Anytime after dinner today, January 8, 2017.

The chime comes from the BCM module. It is in the center of the dash. You would need to remove and disassemble the BCM and break the circuits to disable the chime. There are no steps to perform this being there would be legal issues if a tech did this, so there are of course no manufacturer steps to do this task.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hey Chris,
The answer you provided was interesting but not helpful. I have since learned that simply buckling the seat belt and then getting into the seat will eliminate the pesky beeping. I also learned that getting a Kia seat belt from a junkyard, removing the metal part and stuffing it into the seat belt holder will accomplish the no-beep mission. I'd sooner not pay anything more beyond the $5 that I paid to post the question. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Sorry I misunderstood the question. You asked how to disable the chime which I took as how to make the chime not work.