EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

My cd player isn't getting any power it seems. Nothing

Customer Question

My cd player isn't getting any power it seems. Nothing happens when I press the cd button. But the radio , cassette everything else works
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Which ones should I check?
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2005 kia amanti.
JA: Are you fixing your Amanti yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet really. I just got off the phone with kia they told me to try and take out the audio fuse and the pdi fuse I think they said. Not sure what the pdi fuse is abbreviated on the fuse diagram though
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think it all started after I unplugged my battery once but I'm not 100%sure about that as I didn't use my cd player really before now
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. In the interior fuse box the audio fuse is labeled A/V. The PDI fuse is a fuse that pulls out to save the battery when the car is not being used for a while. It is located in the interior fuse box. It is not like there other fuses, where the PDI fuse looks different and pulls out of the box just a little bit.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pulled them both out av is fine couldn't really tell if the pdi was blown. Still. Not getting any power to cd player. Any other solutions?

THe only other thing to try is to disconnect the battery cable for a few minutes. Otherwise you can remove the cd player and check all the connections on the back. And if those are good it is likely the cd player itself is no good.

Hi. Thanks for viewing my last response. Do you have any more questions on this? Let me know. Also please take a moment to rate my assistance to you. Thanks.