EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Kia Sorento. Has a wrrrr noise that gets louder as the rpms

Customer Question

Kia Sorento. Has a wrrrr noise that gets louder as the rpms go up. It's coming from the passenger side of the engine compartment.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 days ago.

Hi. There is an idler pulley that commonly goes bad on those engines. If you take off the drive belt and start it, you can see if the noise goes away.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 days ago.

Hi. Thanks for viewing my last response. Do you have any more questions on this? Let me know. Also please take a moment to rate my assistance to you. Thanks.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and please take a moment to rate my assistance with your question. And, as always, after rating the question will remain open for any follow-ups you may have. Thank you.