Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2012 Kia Sedona EX and the back sliding doors will

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Kia Sedona EX and the back sliding doors will only lock and unlock manually. The button in the car nor the fob will work with them. Additionally, when I lock the car with the fob and then press the button a second time the horn no longer honks at me. Is there an easy fix for this?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: It doesn't work with either fob that I have and since it doesn't work with pressing the lock button in the car either I would think it has nothing to do with the fob. Obviously I am not a mechanic but the fob works perfectly fine for every other function. I am not trying to sound obnoxious, I am just really confused. :)
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything other than checking different ways to lock the doors and by using my extra fob.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of, thank you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

If you can use a volt meter and read wire diagrams, I believe I can show you how to diagnose the lock actuators.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris