Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have a short leading to the aic valve, want to know how to

Customer Question

have a short leading to the aic valve, want to know how to remove the harness to replace
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: unrealted questions
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 1999 sportage base model
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am fixing it myself, i am tying to fix a throttle surge issue and have narrowed it down to either the aic or the a short in the harness leading to the aic i have already replaced the throttle positioning sensor with 0 improvement as well as replacing plugs and wires and ignition coils
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just need to know the best way to remove the manifold that the harness runs dirictly through
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The issue may only be the connector and the iac valve but the wires feel very brittle and should be replaced. I have tried to trace the wiring harness but it goes directly through the manifold housing. so the only way to get to it is to remove the entire manifold housing so i can get to the harness. If there is an easier or mor direct way of removing the wiring to the iac, i am not seeing it. I would like to know the best way to remove the manifold and the harness.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Have you done electrical tests at the IAC to confirm wire harness replacement is needed? The harness is no longer sold.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris