Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Will not start (motor quit while on road)----has spark. but

Customer Question

will not start (motor quit while on road)----has spark. but no fuel pressure, checked pump relay ---but cant locate power to pump. Have wiring diagram but wrong colors-----??? Kia 2007 Optima ....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you asking what color wire is the power wire for the fuel pump?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to know if the pump is getting power but all of the diagrams I have found do not tell me what color wire is power for the fuel pump.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

You have a white wire that sends power to the pump directly from the relay.The green wire at the pump is the pump ground which grounds to a metal body point to provide constant ground.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is a plug that has 5 wires running to it. None are white. There is a blue wire that is hot the rest are not. There are no white wires. It's a 2007 optima lx 4 cylinder. I need to know how to check if there is power getting to the pump. Checked relay, and fuses.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Just to be sure this is a 2007 Kia Optima with the 2.4 liter am I correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I stated that in the last response. 2007 Kia Optima lx 2.4 liter.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Where is this plug your finding these wire colors at?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On top of the fuel pump.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately all my info shows is a white wire leading all the way from the relay to the pump itself.My info isnt matching your models info here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete