Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I am having a hard time finding an Evap canister for my 2001

Customer Question

hi,
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I am having a hard time finding an Evap canister for my 2001 Kia Sportage 4x4 limited edition vehicle. the canister that broke, was round, not square and had flat bottoms on both sides with with a 1" in length valve
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any warning codes popped up?
Customer: 91,311 miles and P0138 + o2 sensor- not sure if it is upper or lower? and code P0440
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my friend is fixing it and he broke the canister- but I need to find a replacement part and figure out which sensor it is
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What would cause the car not to start right away after filling up the tank with fuel? Im pretty sure it has to do with P0440
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

We are only allowed to help with one issue per post and you have listed many. On this question what question would you like me to help with?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
What would cause the car not to start right after filling up the tank with fuel? It takes about 5min to start up, lately it has been dying, but eventually starts up- Im pretty sure it has to do with P0440