Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

No heating....or actually the left side one is blowing sort

Customer Question

hi there
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: no heating....or actually the left side one is blowing sort of hot air but all the rest are blowing cold air...
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: have only cleaned the airfilter....but why is one working when all the rest are blowing cold?
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Sportage 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only cleaned the airfilter in the glovecompartement
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no :)
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be an issue with a restricted heater core.I have seen the heater core restrict in the past before and cause hot or warm air from one or more vents closest to the heater core and cooler air from the rest.What needs to be done from here is to run the engine until warmed up and turn on the heater and locate the coolant heater hoses leading from the engine to the firewall at the heater core.Touch these hoses.They should both be very warm to hot to the touch and the same temp.If you have one that is hot and one that is allot cooler then the heater core is restricted needing back flushed to correct this here or replaced.

If both of these are found to be o.k. this can be a fault with a temp actuator on the heater box needing replaced.You would have to have this tested further electronically to see if a temp actuator needs replaced.This would require a compatible scan tool in some cases as well as a multi meter to test this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete