Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Check engine light is on. had O'Reillys hook up to it with

Customer Question

check engine light is on. had O'Reillys hook up to it with scanner & the code is P2626
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on solid
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2009 Kia Spectra
JA: Are you fixing your Spectra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if its the o
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, meant to type if its the O2 sensor I can replace myself. But I just replaced that O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold a month ago. Why would it fail so quickly??
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code here indicates a fault with pre catalytic converter oxygen sensor.If you already replaced this sensor as it sounds like you have,this can fail soon if the sensor was a faulty sensor that failed soon after install (some cheaper sensors can fail soon after install) or if there was contaminants in the fuel damaging the sensor or an issue with the wiring or connection to the sensor itself.

I would start with checking wiring and connections to the sensor for any issues.If this is all found to be o.k. I suspect it may have failed already and another one needs obtained either from a different source or parts warranty this one from the facility you purchased it from.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete