Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2011 Kia Optima .. Very bad visibility at night with only

Customer Question

2011 Kia Optima .. Very bad visibility at night with only low beams on .. Can't see at all really .. seems like this is not an uncommon problem from what I see on line .. Any tips on how to correct this .. Thx Lee
Category: Kia
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello ans welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** a master tech. Yes this is not only a problem with your vehicle but many others with stock headlights as they just meet the requirements. You can easily change up to halogen or hd lighting which I did and will notice a big difference as the originals are like a warm interior light as the up grades not only penetrate better and wider but whiter for much better viability I will give you a chart of the different lights and how they work for viability..

Other then the bulb itself the outer lens on most vehicles tend to scratch and fog up, there are restore kits available to bring them bake and enhance the bulbs penetration. Here are a couple products for that. Hope this info helps you out and if you require further help let me know and please take the time to rate my service to you. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wipe-New-Headlight-Restore/36577099?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=1b548c70-f370-45b5-8f92-64a97d676623&config_id=2&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=1b548c70-f370-45b5-8f92-64a97d676623&item_id=36577099&parent_anchor_item_id=24726536&parent_item_id=24726536&placement_id=irs-2-m2&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=QU5A-dlVq-HK7_06ZZJ3GI

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you .. I will try new HID bulbs to see if that helps .. My lenses are clear so they are ok ... Lee

As far as I'm concerned HD LIGHTS are king, not only do they penetrate and project further but also wider to help see if anything is coming out the side of the road at you . You will be very happy as I use them too. iF YOUR HAPPY WITH MY SERVICE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO RATE ME, THANK YOU.

Just checking to see how your doing and if you need further help? If not could you please take the time to rate my answer thank you.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?