Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My 2009kia rio5 started missing and as I have had to replace

Customer Question

My 2009kia rio5 started missing and as I have had to replace several coils I figured that was it it has always managed to get me home to do the work but this time after only a few blocks it was like two cylinders and when I got to a friends place nearby it would only fire sporadically
I changed plugs put it together and it fired a couple of times now not at all it cranks but does not fire I noticed thefuel pump wasn't making any noise when I turned the key I removed it and tested it with jumpers from the battery it spins like the devil
I returned it and turned the key no sound relays click and swapped like for like with others and no burnt fuses is it possible the pump will spin and still be bad 150,000 miles previously when I opened the cap and gassed up it would not idle for a minute or more without holding up the rpms
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 3 days ago.

Hi. it is possible for the pump to work but not make pressure. Have you tried cranking it and using starting fluid in the intake to see if it wants to run? That would indicate a lack of fuel at the engine?