Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My 2007 Kia Rondo's brakes have locked up three times this

Customer Question

My 2007 Kia Rondo's brakes have locked up three times this year, and no one seems to know what the problem is. Have you had any other similar problems, and what is the answer?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 days ago.

Hi. Have any brake components actually been replaced to try and fix this? Or just the fluid flushed?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No parts have been replaced that I know of, only the fluid flushed.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 days ago.

I have been working on KIAs for many years and have never seen this problem. Usually if all the brakes are locking, it can sometimes be if the wrong brake fluid, or a different type of fluid was added to the brake system before this started happening. What happens is the seals in the calipers and master cylinder can swell up and actually cause the brakes to remain applied. If it is not releasing pressure though, I would also suspect the master cylinder as a failed part. It applies pressure to the hydraulic system, and also releases the pressure. So I think that is a good possibility as well.