Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have a 2006 kia optima. I get heat at the floor and on the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 kia optima. I get heat at the floor and on the windshield when called for. I get cool air out of the dash vents. To get warm air out of the dash vents I have to turn the heat up to 90 degrees. I can then turn the temp down to a comfortable setting. It will maintain that setting for awhile and gradually go cool. When driving around town, it operates ok, but on the freeway, the dash vents always cool down. Coolant =full.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it sounds to me like the thermostat is sticking open so the coolant is cooling down too much causing the air to come out cooler than it is supposed to. I would start by having the thermostat replaced, and a cooling system flush wouldn't hurt either.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating three stars or more, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my time. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.