Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have the infinity navigation system on my kia sorento ex.

Customer Question

I have the infinity navigation system on my kia sorento ex. Everything seems to work but no sound coming out. Whether I try the radio, cd, phone.... no sound seems to come out of it...
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Sorry it came with car
JA: What year is your Sorento?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the reset button I tried to take the audio fuse out and the amp fuse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 10 days ago.

If you pull all of the fuses related to the radio, play with the radio buttons after you do this. Re-install all of the fuses and see if the audio comes back. If it doesn't, it is likely that you need a radio. There is a possibility that the amp is bad, but you would need to do some further electrical diagnosis to determine that. If you are capable of doing that I could guide you. If you aren't I would recommend having a Kia dealership diagnose the issue.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How do i do the electrical diagnosis What are all the fuse related to the radio? I only see one plus the amp...

There is the AMP 30A fuse, the AUDIO - 2 7.5A fuse, but also the yellow shunt with 2 fuses in it under all of the other fuses on the interior fuse panel. Pull that out as well as the other fuses. The electrical diagnosis will involve locating the amp, unplugging it and checking for voltage and ground at certain pins of the connectors so you will need a multimeter. Try the fuses again first.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there a time I have to leave them out for?

I usually do for a minute or two, all while playing with the radio buttons.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'll try it at my break. The yellow shunt BTW only has one fuse and it's in it tho

Ok.