Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

2002 Kia. Stuck in Park and ignition won't turn on. Steering

Customer Question

2002 Kia. Stuck in Park and ignition won't turn on. Steering wheel won't move it's locked, too.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No all was OK yesterday when my grandson was driving it to school. It just won't turn either steering wheel or ignition.
JA: What is the model of your '02 Kia?
Customer: Sorry, don't know. He just took my car a night class. I can go out and see if it's real important.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything except trying to turn the steering wheel and the ignition. My husband will probably try yanking on it and cursing if that'll help!!! If you've a suggestion I'll go out and try it. Thx,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I'd like to help. What model kia is this? Also can you try to describe the issue you are having more clearly? The initial question was a little confusing.