Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 KIA Sorento and the drivers door will not lock

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 KIA Sorento and the drivers door will not lock electrically and the remote does not work. Every other lock works electrically and the key lock in the door locks and unlocks all of the doors. The drivers door will unlock electrically but wont lock.I tried reprogramming the remote with no success. the lights on the dash never go out to finish the programming.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 16 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Anytime . I've already have a suspicion of what the problem is but I wanted a professional opinion . I don't know if the two problems are related or if they are two separate problems.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 15 days ago.

This should be a faulty ETACS module below the center of the dash. Do you have a scan tool to check out this module?

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't have a scan tool. is there any other way to check it? or where can I get a scan tool and what type of scan tool are you talking about?

The scan tool you need is not cheap and not worth buying to diagnose just this concern. Because even after you have paid near 1000$ for the tool and diagnosed and declared the module bad. You still have the expensive of buying and replacing the module. The circuit in question does not have the ability to diagnose this module with a volt ohm meter.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can I get a used one from the junk yard?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can I get a used ETACS from the junk yard and if I do can my remote be programmed to it or is this a problem to do it yourself?

Yes a used part can be used, though programming is done with a dealer tool.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris