Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

2007 kia sportage lx with up050 ay130 factory remote start

Customer Question

2007 kia sportage lx with up050 ay130 factory remote start kit and hood switch installed.
The key was turned on when battery was connected ,then car was started with key as described in instructions.
The car will crank under remote start and then lights come on and stay on until start button is held or brake is pressed .
I removed the key antenna and placed the key inside it and the car starts fine.
This module is supposed to have the by pass built in.
This kit has only 3 splices (brake- Works, horn- works, defrost- not sure ) and the rest is direct connect wiring harnesses.
The only thing that could be wrong would be a bad module but as the rest seems to work I am wondering if there could be a programming issue.the troubleshooting procedure is at kdealer.net but it appears only dealers can access this site.
Can any body get access to the trouble shooting instructions or tell me how to trouble shoot or program this module?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately I do not show the trouble shooting myself here for this.But if you have it all wired in and connected properly this can be a fault with the module itself.It may have been defective from the start and may need replaced.You may have to have this tested by a repair facility that has access to the testing info and procedures to make sure it is the module and to see if any other components are an issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
thanks for your response but i was hoping for a kia mechanic ho could access the kdealer website for the trouble shooting info .
I will be trying to use a pkall bypass if i cant get this to work but was hoping to get it to work without splicing into wires .
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Your welcome.Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete