Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

It will start sometimes run then it will die then it kicks

Customer Question

it will start sometimes run then it will die then it kicks back on starter and won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: new battery and connections are clean
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2003 kia sedona
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cam sensor and fuel pump after putting fuel pump in it started and ran about 5 min
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- when it does not start at times, what are you missing, we need fuel & spark to start

2- is the fuel pump running now after replacement ? have you checked the fuel pump relay ?

3- have you check for fuel pressure when no start ?

4- check spark when no start

5- you mentioned changing the cam sensor ,how about the crank sensor

6- have you had it scanned and retrieved fault codes

7- is there any flashing security light on dash when you try to start and it want start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 25 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat