Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

The a/c heater blower stops working the come back on. I

Customer Question

the a/c heater blower stops working the come back on. I replaced the fan blower resistor and it seemed better the today it did it again. 2012 Kia Soul 2.0 engine
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: every thing appears fine the blower just stops the comes on again when it wants to
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2012 Kia Soul 2.0 engine
JA: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: as I said I replaced the fan blower resistor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 27 days ago.

Hello, when the blower stops working does it stop totally, on all speeds? Your next step would be to test the blower motor by applying power and ground to it.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok I will try it what if the blower works?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No thanks

Well it may work but it sounds like theres either a problem with the harness or an open somewhere in the motor that happens sometimes. Unfortunately there really isnt a way to tell unless you can get it to act up when you're testing the motor.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating me 3 stars or higher or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.