Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2016 Kia Forteblinking red light on the front of the 2016

Customer Question

2016 Kia Forteblinking red light on the front of the 2016 Kia Forte doing?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: small binking red light on top of the dashboard just in front of the hood. Security measure?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2016 Kia Forte
JA: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There is nothing wrong with the Kia except I see a very small blinking red light in the front of the dashboard . I can find no mention of it in the manual. Is it some typ of security measure?
JA: What year is your '16 Forte?
Customer: 2016
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey How are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately

But for now You can try a Master Reset ,If you have 2 keys for it try the other key first , if not ,do the reset ,unless you can get it scanned, A 2016 is fairly new car so maybe it was a glitch or battery went low and some stayed on and low voltage triggered the anti theft module.

also if you have a voltmeter ,measure the battery before you do disconnect let see how much the battery has in it is 12 volts or 11.5 and less etc..

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat