Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

2007 kia sportage one high beam doesnt work it has power to

Customer Question

2007 kia sportage one high beam doesnt work it has power to it so it must be a ground issue does that get the ground from the dimmer switch and if so is there a separate one for each side have you ran into this before
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Kavey replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Something doesnt add up there. The low and high beam use the same ground. It doesnt come through a switch of any kind its just grounded to the body.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Isn't the switch on the ground side of the circuit the info I got through identifix says that bulb should have constant power and the other two terminals are ground one for the high beam and one for the low beam this is not correct
Expert:  Kavey replied 30 days ago.

I am attaching a color wiring diagram from identifix. Is that not the same diagram you are seeing? If so you can see the grounds off the headlights as g09 and g12. One for each assembly. Im not sure what youre looking up or if I am pulling up something wrong but were both using the same source right now and we have differing opinions so it should be easy enough to sort out.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No because I'm not with the vehicle right now
Expert:  Kavey replied 30 days ago.

Im not even asking about on the vehicle right now. Im asking if you are seeing a different diagram on identifix than I am seeing on identifix.