Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have a 2016 Kia Forte and I used to have a Pontiac Vibe.

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Kia Forte and I used to have a Pontiac Vibe. Both have this problem. When applying the brakes the car does not stop. The engine revs up to a very high RPM and the car continues to move forward, even with 2 feet pushing on the brakes. The only way I can stop this is by throwing the car into park and turning it off. Problem only happens sporadically - in the 8 or 9 years I had the Vibe it happened 9 or 10 times. I've only had the Forte for a month and it happened for the first time a couple of days ago. I hope someone can help because it's very scary when it happens.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 7 months ago.

When the problem occurs is the Brake pedal easy to push or does it seem very hard?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Seems to push normally at first then seems to get harder as RPMS increase.