Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Why does my 2004 kia rio temperature gauge run from the

Customer Question

Why does my 2004 kia rio temperature gauge run from the second too the top line, is it getting close to over heating? And what can I do?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 27 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

It should be hovering around the middle. Possible causes remaining after the repairs you have done are:

• Clogged radiator
  • Failing water pump
  • Faulty fan
  • Headgasket leak

Step one is to monitor the fan to make sure it is running. If so then perform a coolant flush. If needed then a coolant flow and pressure test are needed.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help. Rating is the only way I am paid from the deposit you made.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 22 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris