Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

The fan blower for the air conditioning and heating does not

Customer Question

The fan blower for the air conditioning and heating does not work. It does not blow on any speed
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Yes I have check the coolant level and I have had a coolant flush as well recently but no change
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: It is a Kia Sephia 1999
JA: Are you fixing your Sephia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not attempting to fix it myself yet I am wanting to price the parts and a friend of mine is going to help me fix it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that it blows hot air when I have it on hot and it blows cold air when I have it on air conditioning but the car has to be moving and the knob has to be turned too high for the air to move through it
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Have you checked the blower motor fuse? (25 amp) in the fuse block under the hood.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is good.
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

I see, thanks. That could be the relay, resistor or the switch. but the test would have to be done to determine which one.