Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I have a 2014 kia soul. this past week the fob key would

Customer Question

I have a 2014 kia soul. this past week the fob key would sometimes not lock or unlock the car as usual. I figured it was just a dying battery. Yesterday I turned the car off but the console remained on and said something strange about the battery. the key light came on the dashboard. I changed the battery but it did not do anything. I have a spare fob key and it also will not start the car. Again, the console lights up and everything but the push start does not work. Do you think it's the battery? It's not an old car at all.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: I wouldn't even know where to begin. :)
JA: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far just changing the battery. I tried calling my dealer but they have gone out of business. I'd love to take it in somewhere but like I said before, it will not start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 2 years old and it's been fine. I hope it's a simple fix. No other problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Do you mean you changed the battery in the key fob or in the car?