Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2012 Kia Sorento with a 2.4 GDI. At one point this

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Kia Sorento with a 2.4 GDI. At one point this car had a short in the firing harness at the fuel pump. It was fixed at the dealership. Now it is doing the same thing. I found a bad fuel relay. Replaced it and the car ran fine. It then blew another relay. I have the seats out and am trying to check to see if I have power to the fuel pump. When the key is turned on I cannot hear the pump prime. I do have power to a small orange wire and a small light grey wire but those 2 wires do not go to the fuel pump. Instead they lead further back . I cannot get any voltage through any wires going into any of the 2 connectors on top of the pump. Can you send me a wiring diagram for this pump and tell me which wires should be hot?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is brand new yesterday. 180000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just replaced the fuel relay and started trying to test voltage to the pump. Yes working on it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, what happened to the 8 minute response?!
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will be ready to work on it in 30 minutes. I would appreciate any info you can give me.

Is this the wire diagram needed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/vin1.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/vin6.pdf

Blue is the power and ground is the ground from the 1st diaram page 4.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no power at those wires, the relay and fuse are good. I'm assuming I have a short in the harness somewhere. I have not pulled the fuel pump to check its function.

No power to the blue wire means you need to check the inputs to the pump relay. Can you confirm there are 2 wires powered there when the key is turned on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll try when I get home

Super