Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have a 2012 kia optima and i lost the smart key but i have

Customer Question

I have a 2012 kia optima and i lost the smart key but i have the mechanical key. Is there anyway to start the car with only the mechanical key?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a Kia senior elite factory trained technician. Unfortunately there is no way to start the car with just the normal mechanical key. The smart key must be present, even if the battery is dead in the key you'd have to insert it into the slot in the arm rest. You'll have to get a new smart key and get it programmed at a Kia dealership.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating me 3 stars or higher or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.