Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

I had my left back light and back light blinker don't work.

Customer Question

I had my left back light and back light blinker don't work. i went and bought back break and blinker lights and replace them and then seen another small light bulb and replaced it too and it still don't work. I also noticed that when I put my blinker on it blinks super fast what can it be?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Yes, it is full.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Kia Optima 2009 thank you :)
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I replaced all the left light bulbs like back break, blinker light and some other super small light bulb too.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just found out that the little bulb was the reverse light bulb. Also reversed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 month ago.

This is usually caused by a defective turn signal flasher located under the dash on the drivers side. Please rate my service, i will continue to answer your questions, until you are completely satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay it is not the relay because it was tested. Can a be a fuse and if so which one do I change ? 15A TCU2, VAC/Ecas10a

If it was a fuse, no lights would work at all, yours work only they work fast, indicating an issue with the flasher not the relay or fuse.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What should I do first?

Turn the key on, listen for the flasher noise in the dash, determine where it is located, and replace it, it can sometimes be taped to the wiring harness if it the original, or if it has been replaced in the past by a professional technician.

Please rate my service, I will continue to answer your questions, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please RATE my service on the rating page, No need to reply, unless you have additional questions, Thank you for using Just Answer.com