Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have a 2012 Kia Sorento 3.5....key start...my wife pulled

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Kia Sorento 3.5....key start...my wife pulled it into the garage the other day and when we went to leave later that day it wouldn't start, as if the battery was dead.....turned lights on and tried to start and they went completely out....went and purchased new battery and then the starter wouldn't engage so I changed it also...I had everything tested before installation and now when I try to start it, the starter will engage but not turn over and all the light go dim as well....tried putting the car in neutral and also check the fuses and the brake switch seems to be working (I have brake lights).... thought maybe neutral safety or positioning sensor just out of ideas and need help
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked the oil? Also when is the last time you got the oil changed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the oil has about 1500 miles

Ok, well in that case it sounds like the battery is no good. Make sure the terminals are tight. Other than that youd need to get the battery tested, as well as the starting and charging system.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Battery and starter have been changed

I know, check to make sure the battery terminals are tight. Also, just because it is a new battery doesn't necessarily mean that it is good. They do come bad once in a while.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Everything was tested before installation

Check the tightness of the battery terminals connectors.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating me 3 stars or higher or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.